My journey to The Salt Room Lake Country....


Hi!

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself to those of you I haven't had the honor to meet in person. Many times I am asked how long I have owned The Salt Room, how I got involved with Salt Therapy and more.

My name is Tammra Reiss, owner of The Salt Room Lake Country in Pewaukee, WI. I opened the doors to The Salt Room on November 26, 2016. At The Salt Room, we provide holistic therapy for respiratory and skin ailments through halotherapy (salt therapy) and infrared sauna therapy. These therapies are 100% drug-free, natural treatments that help to ease symptoms associated with coughing, congestion, breathing difficulties and skin conditions. Our clients are encouraged to sit back, unwind and breathe deeply in our salt therapy rooms. Clients partaking in infrared sauna therapy reap benefits from restorative body processes through detoxing, and leave feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated. Our therapies may be used in conjunction with each other. We take the time with each client to ensure they are on the right therapy routine for their individual's needs. We see clients from the young ages of 3 months old all the way to the elderly.

My “WHY” is an emotional story for me. It comes from having a background in critical care emergency services, going through nursing school all with a hope to one day become a flight for life nurse. Like anything, especially when it comes to health it seems it takes a life event to occur to make a change, shift or learn something new. And that’s just what happened. A journey of caring for my father-in-law full time who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer’s Disease is what opened my mind, heart, and eyes to alternative forms of care. During my time with him, I took a very holistic approach to his care and watched in astonishment as the quality of his life improved. I went against everything I knew about medical care and a short 19 months later my father in law passed peacefully at home in my care. After his passing, there was a struggle of what to do next with my life, go back to nursing school and the ambulance or do something more. My heart and passion are in caring for people.

My sister approached me about opening up a Salt Room like her. With the support of my husband, sister and parents and realizing the changes or struggles I had in my heart, I knew that this is where I am supposed to be. I miss EMS drastically, but since the day I opened the doors to The Salt Room Lake Country, I have found my true calling and purpose in this life, to help improve the quality of life with a completely natural 100% drug-free therapy. It has been beyond heartwarming to be able to help so many people. From hearing someone breathe easier, physically seeing someone's endurance improve, hearing the testimonies from each of my clients and knowing that one's quality of life is improving reaffirms this is where I am meant to be, my heart is happy and full filled being here now versus at someone's worst of worst moments.

Thank you for taking the time to let me introduce myself to you. I hope someday I have the pleasure to meet you.

If you would like to connect with me, I can be reached via e-mail at info@saltroomlakecountry.com.


Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing, Tammra!

    Funny story: I was looking for a creative gift for my mom for Mother's Day and thought of The Salt Room (I came to introduce myself a while back and was fascinated by the concept of salt therapy). I bought a gift card.

    We enjoyed a chuckle when my wife opened the exact same gift card from my mother. Evidently, my mom was already a believer in salt therapy and wanted to share with US!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog